Fort Wayne Fun Facts
Fort Wayne is located in Allen County, Indiana, United States of America.
Fort Wayne is in the Eastern Time Zone.
Fort Wayne's geo-coordinates are 41.0805° N, 85.1392° W.
Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory, Headwaters Park, Lawton Skatepark, and Historic Fort Wayne are located downtown.
List of airports near Fort Wayne:
- Fort Wayne International Airport
Fort Wayne nearly met the state requirements for first class city designation on January 1, 2006 when 12.8 square miles (33 km2) of neighboring Aboite Township (and a small section of Wayne Township) including 25,094 people were annexed.
The fort wayne was rained-out in the top of the ninth inning, with the Kekiongas ahead 2–0.
Fort Wayne is located in the East North Central region of the Midwestern United States, in northeastern Indiana, about 18 miles (29 km) west of Ohio and 50 miles (80 km) south of Michigan.
Sample list of famous events happened in Fort Wayne:
- Siege of Fort Wayne
- NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament
Fort Wayne was hit by the Great Depression beginning in 1929, with most factories cutting their workforce.
Sample list of people who were the mayor of Fort Wayne:
- Tom Henry ( Current Mayor, from 01 Jan 2008 )
Fort Wayne is about 204.92 square kilometers with a population of 255,824 in the year 2011.
Fort Wayne is sometimes referred to as the "City of Churches," an unofficial moniker dating to the late-19th century when the city was the regional hub of Catholic, Lutheran, and Episcopal faiths.
Population of Fort Wayne was 255,824 in the year 2011.
Sample list of newspapers published in Fort Wayne:
- Wayndale News
- The Journal Gazette
- The News-Sentinel
- Waynedale News
- The Communicator
- Georgetown Times
- Ink newspaper
- Dupont Valley Times
- Aboite & About
- St. Joe Times
- The Spartana
The unemployment rate of Fort Wayne was 6.15% in the year 2008.
Fort Wayne was ranked as the "Best Place in the Country for Minor League Sports" in a 2007 issue of Street & Smith's Sports Business Journal, dropping to second place in 2009.
In 1960, Fort Wayne was at the center of the United States magnet wire industry, home to New Haven Wire and Cable Company, Phelps Dodge, Rea Magnet Wire, Superior Essex, and an operation at Fort Wayne's General Electric plant, producing nearly 90 percent of North America's magnet wire.
There were 84,468 households in Fort Wayne in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Fort Wayne is served by two primary newspapers, the Journal Gazette and Pulitzer Prize-winning News-Sentinel.
There were about 37,944 mortgages in Fort Wayne in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Fort Wayne is cited as having the highest Burmese American population in the United States, with estimates near 6,000.
Sample list of tourist attractions in Fort Wayne:
- Johnny Appleseed Festival
- Three Rivers Festival
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo
- Fort Wayne Museum of Art
- Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory
- Embassy Theatre
- Allen County Courthouse
- Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
- Fort Wayne Old City Hall Building
- Johnny Appleseed Park
List of sports teams from Fort Wayne:
- Fort Wayne Komets ( Ice Hockey )
There were about 3,498 foreclosures in Fort Wayne in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Fort Wayne's official website is http://www.cityoffortwayne.org/
There were 93,640 addresses in Fort Wayne in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Sample list of famous people who were born in Fort Wayne:
- Jan Schweiterman ( Actor )
- Julia Barr ( Actor )
- Ben Hogestyn ( Actor )
- Eric Bruskotter ( Actor )
- Tom Henry ( Politician and Businessperson )
- Matt Kelty ( Architect and Politician )
- Robert Thieme ( Writer and Author )
- Drake Hogestyn ( Actor )
- Robert Rusler ( Actor, Film Producer, Athlete and Writer )
- Jill Bennett ( Actor, Television producer and Television Director )
- Dick York ( Actor )
- Jenna Fischer ( Actor, Television producer and Film Director )
- Shelley Long ( Actor )
- Carole Lombard ( Actor )
- Stephanie Larimore ( Nude Glamour Model )
- Margaret Ringenberg ( Pilot )
- DaMarcus Beasley ( Football player )
- George Washington Whistler ( Engineer )
- Winfield Moses
- Johnny Bright ( Canadian football player )
- Lamar Smith ( American football player )
- Rod Woodson ( American football player and Coach )
- Bernard Pollard ( American football player )
- Trai Essex ( American football player )
- Jason Baker ( American football player )
- Jason Fabini ( American football player )
- Graham Richard
- Jamar Beasley ( Football player )
- Bill Blass ( Fashion designer and Designer )
- Alice Hamilton ( Toxicologist )
- Cameron Scher ( Child Actor )
- Molly Kelly ( Lawyer )
- Vaughn Dunbar ( American football player )
- Jim Juriga ( American football player )
- Harold J. Warner
- Emil Sitko ( American football player )
- Dale Purinton ( Ice hockey player and Coach )
- Leonard A. Scheele ( Physician )
- Josh Gaines
- George Frederick Dick ( Physician )
- William Charles Lee
- Phil McClellan McNagny Jr.
- Lloy Ball
- Dean Corll
- Michael Clopton
- MiQuale Lewis
- Shirley Adele Field ( Lawyer )
- Kevin Wall ( Film Producer )
- Childe Wills ( Engineer )
- Phil GiaQuinta
Fort Wayne Events
Fort Wayne Data