Boise Fun Facts
Boise's official website is http://www.cityofboise.org/
The rest of Southeast Boise was developed in the last thirty years with suburban-style homes.
As of the 2010 Census, the population of Boise was 205,671.
During the mid-1860s, Idaho City was the largest city in the Northwest, and as a staging area, Fort Boise grew rapidly; Boise was incorporated as a city in 1863.
There were about 1,221 foreclosures in Boise in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The major Interstate serving Boise is I-84, which connects Boise with Portland, Oregon, and Salt Lake City, Utah.
Sample list of newspapers published in Boise:
- Idaho Statesman
- The Idaho Press-Tribune
- Boise Weekly
Sample list of famous people who were born in Boise:
- Keith Campbell ( Actor, Stunt Performer and Voice Actor )
- Thom Pace ( Songwriter and Singer )
- Steve Ripley ( Record producer, Singer, Musician, Guitarist, Audio Engineer and Inventor )
- Eilen Jewell ( -songwriter, Bandleader and Singer )
- Curtis Stigers ( Musician, Singer-songwriter, Saxophonist, Guitarist and Lyricist )
- Bridget Powers ( Pornographic actor and Actor )
- Zack Shada ( Actor and Voice Actor )
- Justin Allen ( Writer )
- Clancy Cooper ( Actor )
- Howard W. Hunter ( Writer and Lawyer )
- David H. Bieter ( Lawyer and Politician )
- Larry Grant ( Politician )
- Ben Ysursa ( Politician and Lawyer )
- Kate Harrington ( Actor )
- Barney Furey ( Actor )
- Frank Church ( Politician and Lawyer )
- James Solomon ( Engineer, Entrepreneur and Businessperson )
- Josh Hammond ( Actor )
- Kristine Sutherland ( Actor and Photographer )
- Audrey Daston ( Nude Glamour Model )
- Kathryn Albertson
- Daniel D. Schoonover
- Jerramy Stevens ( American football player )
- Jake Plummer ( American football player )
- Lauren Beckham
- Torrie Wilson ( Wrestler and Model )
- Reginald R. Myers
- Samuel Harrison Coon
- Robert D. Maxwell
- Brian Scott ( Race car driver )
- Kristin Armstrong ( Professional Road Racing Cyclist, Athlete and Coach )
- Wayne Walker ( American football player )
- Duke Fergerson ( American football player )
- Rich Moran ( American football player )
- John Dehlin
- Butch Taylor ( Pornographic actor )
- Montgomery Oliver Koelsch
- Robin Long
- Branden Durst
- Rick Woods
- Jeret Peterson ( Freestyle skier )
- Bill Kernen ( Coach )
- Justin Eilers
- Viola S. Wendt
- Russ Fulcher
- Robin Earl
- Thomas Tidwell
- Sara Studebaker ( Biathlete and Athlete )
- William Agee
- Kurt Stefano ( Pornographic actor )
Sample list of tourist attractions in Boise:
- Bogus Basin
- Boise greenbelt
- Julia Davis Park
- Ahavath Beth Israel
- Bronco Stadium
- CenturyLink Arena Boise
- Table Rock
- World Center for Birds of Prey
- Old Idaho State Penitentiary
- Boise National Forest
- Western Idaho Fair
There were 74,618 households in Boise in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The unemployment rate of Boise was 3.51% in the year 2008.
Population of Boise was 210,145 in the year 2011.
Boise is located in Ada County, Idaho, United States of America.
But following the creation of Montana Territory, Boise was made the territorial capital of a much reduced Idaho in a controversial decision which overturned a district court ruling by a one-vote majority in the territorial supreme court along geographic lines in 1866.
Sample list of famous events happened in Boise:
- NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament
- Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear
The boise is served by Allegiant Air, Alaska Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and US Airways.
There were 86,053 addresses in Boise in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
There were about 55,604 mortgages in Boise in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Boise is about 207.33 square kilometers with a population of 210,145 in the year 2011.
Boise (i / ˈ b ɔɪ s i / ) is the capital and most populous city of the U.S. state of Idaho, as well as the county seat of Ada County. Located on the Boise River, it anchors the Boise City-Nampa metropolitan area. As of the 2010 Census, the population of Boise was 205,671. It is also the 99th largest U.S. city by population. The 2012 U.S. Census Population Estimates that 212,303 people reside within the city. The Boise metropolitan area is home to about 616,500 people and is the most populous metropolitan area in Idaho, containing the state's three largest cities; Boise, Nampa, and Meridian. Boise City is the third most populous metropolitan area in the United States' Pacific Northwest region (behind only those of Seattle and Portland). Time magazine listed Boise as #1 of eight other cities in a 2014 issue under the header "Solutions for America" as "Getting it right.".
The original Fort Boise was 40 miles (64 km) west, near Parma, down the Boise River near its confluence with the Snake River at the Oregon border.
Boise's geo-coordinates are 43.6167° N, 116.2° W.
Boise is in the Mountain Time Zone.
In 2006, Boise was ranked #1 on Farmer's Insurance list of the most secure places to live.
In 2008 the City and the Arts Commission made the decision to introduce history into the scope of the art commission and rename this new commission the Boise City Department of Arts and History.
Sample list of people who were the mayor of Boise:
- David H. Bieter ( Current Mayor, from 06 Jan 2004 )
List of airports near Boise:
- Boise Airport
Boise is located in southwestern Idaho, about 41 miles (66 km) east of the Oregon border, and 110 miles (177 km) north of the Nevada border.
The City of Boise is considered part of the Treasure Valley.
List of sports teams from Boise:
- Idaho Steelheads ( Ice Hockey )
- Boise State Broncos football ( American football )
- Boise State Broncos men's basketball ( Basketball )
- Boise Hawks ( Baseball )