Fort Worth Fun Facts
Fort Worth is about 904.40 square kilometers with a population of 758,738 in the year 2011.
Fort Worth is located in North Texas, and has a generally humid sub-tropical climate.
Fort Worth is in the Central Time Zone.
The highest temperature ever recorded in Fort Worth is 113 °F (45 °C), on June 26, 1980, during the Great 1980 Heat Wave, and June 27, 1980.
There were about 4,243 foreclosures in Fort Worth in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
There were 196,616 households in Fort Worth in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
There were 254,526 addresses in Fort Worth in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The first streetcar company in Fort Worth was the Fort Worth Street Railway Company.
This was the first major tornado to strike Fort Worth proper since the early 1940s.
Sample list of tourist attractions in Fort Worth:
- Sundance Square
- Fort Worth Zoo
- Cowtown Coliseum
- Kimbell Art Museum
- Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
- National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame
- Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Amon Carter Museum
- Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
- Fort Worth Aviation Museum
Fort Worth is located in Tarrant County, Denton County, Texas, United States of America.
For those interested in hiking, birding, or canoeing, the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge in northwest Fort Worth is a 3621-acre preserved natural area designated by the Department of the Interior as a National Natural Landmark Site in 1980.
Most of Fort Worth is served by the Fort Worth Independent School District.
Sample list of newspapers published in Fort Worth:
- Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Al Día
By 1890, there were more than 20 private companies operating streetcar lines in Fort Worth.
Fort Worth's official website is http://www.fortworthgov.org/
The average annual precipitation for Fort Worth is 34.01 in (863.8 mm).
Population of Fort Worth was 758,738 in the year 2011.
Sample list of famous people who were born in Fort Worth:
- Christopher Largen ( Writer and Novelist )
- Clint Ford ( Actor, Voice Actor and Novelist )
- Norman Alden ( Actor and Voice Actor )
- Wallace Langham ( Actor )
- Gayle Hunnicutt ( Actor, Fashion Model, Writer and Author )
- Fess Parker ( Actor, Winemaker, Businessperson and Voice Actor )
- Bill Owens ( Teacher and Politician )
- Martha Wells ( Author, Writer and Novelist )
- Pete Geren ( Lawyer and Businessperson )
- Jim Wright ( Politician )
- Ernest Istook ( Lawyer and Politician )
- George Eads ( Actor and Voice Actor )
- Bill Paxton ( Film Director, Actor and Film Producer )
- Harriet Sansom Harris ( Actor )
- Tobe Sexton ( Film Producer and Actor )
- Adrienne Ames ( Actor and Talk show host )
- Townes Van Zandt ( Songwriter, Singer, Musician, Record producer, Singer-songwriter, Poet and Film Score Composer )
- Jim Marrs ( Writer, Journalist, Author and Ufologist )
- Eugene Gordon Lee ( Actor and Child Actor )
- Larry Hagman ( Actor, Television producer, Television Director, Voice Actor and Film Producer )
- Kimberly McArthur ( Nude Glamour Model )
- Mark David Chapman
- Rod Roddy ( Announcer )
- William C. Rogers III
- Darrent Williams ( American football player )
- Joe Vide
- Fred Jackson ( American football player )
- Yale Lary ( American football player )
- Frank Ryan ( American football player )
- Mike Nelms ( American football player )
- Billy Yates ( American football player )
- Charlie Peprah ( American football player )
- Carlos Francis ( American football player )
- Boone Stutz ( American football player )
- Thomas Herrion ( American football player )
- Mike Renfro ( American football player )
- Raymond Clayborn ( American football player )
- Bruce Alford ( American football player )
- Loyd Phillips ( American football player )
- Jack Brewer ( American football player )
- Ray Rothrock ( Venture capitalist )
- Gary Collier ( Coach )
- Robert D. Law
- Oscar Monnig
- Charles Smith ( Basketball player )
- Gene Hatcher ( Professional Boxer )
- Oliver Miller ( Basketball player )
- Horace S. Carswell, Jr.
- Turner Gill ( American football player, American Football coach and Coach )
- Slick ( Wrestler )
Fort Worth is also in the top five cities with the largest numerical increase from July 1, 2003 to July 1, 2004, with 17,872 more people or a 3.1% increase.
There were about 101,123 mortgages in Fort Worth in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
List of sports teams from Fort Worth:
- Fort Worth Fire
The unemployment rate of Fort Worth was 5.06% in the year 2008.
Fort Worth is shared by Dallas's media market.
List of airports near Fort Worth:
- Fort Worth Alliance Airport
- Fort Worth Meacham International Airport
- Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth
- Greater Southwest International Airport
- Saginaw Airport
- Fort Worth Spinks Airport
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
- Hicks Airfield
The fort worth was owned by the E W.
The coldest temperature ever recorded in Fort Worth was −8 °F (−18.3 °C) on February 12, 1899.
The fort worth was operated on behalf of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
Fort Worth's geo-coordinates are 32.7574° N, 97.3332° W.
Sample list of people who were the mayor of Fort Worth:
- Betsy Price ( Current Mayor, from 12 Jul 2011 )
- Mike Moncrief ( Mayor, from 20 May 2003 to 12 Jul 2011 )
- Bob Bolen ( Mayor, from 02 Feb 1982 to 21 May 1991 )
Fort Worth is home to the Kimbell Art Museum, considered to have one of the best collections in Texas, and housed in what is widely regarded as one of Texas' foremost works of modern architecture.
Sample list of famous events happened in Fort Worth:
- NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament
- World Artistic Gymnastics Championships
- Lone Star Film Festival
Sample list of films shot in Fort Worth:
- Logan's Run ( starring Michael York as Logan, Richard Jordan as Francis, Jenny Agutter as Jessica )
- The Imposter ( starring Tom Wright as Popeye, Troy Baker as Jerome, Kevin Max as Johnny C )
Fort Worth Events
Fort Worth Data
Wednesday August 27, 2014