Marblehead Fun Facts
Marblehead's official website is http://www.marblehead.org/
Marblehead is located in Essex County, Massachusetts, United States of America.
Marblehead's geo-coordinates are 42.5° N, 70.8583° W.
Sample list of famous people who were born in Marblehead:
- Sarah Fischer ( Actor )
- Loyd Grossman ( Journalist, Presenter, Chef and Actor )
- Ward Chipman ( Judge, Lawyer and Politician )
- Heather Joy Sher ( Actor )
- Joseph Dixon ( Inventor, Entrepreneur, Businessperson and Physician )
- Michael Louden ( Actor )
- Uriel Crocker ( Businessperson )
- Rob Delaney ( Comedian and Actor )
- Keith Ablow ( Novelist, Talk show host, Writer, Physician, Psychiatrist and Film Producer )
- Charlotte Turgeon ( Writer and Chef )
- Elbridge Gerry ( Politician )
- Samuel Hooper ( Politician and Businessperson )
- Tyler Hamilton ( Professional Road Racing Cyclist )
- Moll Pitcher
- Susan Estrich ( Lawyer and Professor )
- Cory Schneider ( Ice hockey player )
- Joseph Story ( Jurist )
- Robert Ingalls
- Grace Madden
- William Reed
- William North Rice ( Geologist )
- Thomas Boyle
- Joe Graves ( Baseball player )
- Sid Graves ( Baseball player )
- Edward Augustus Holyoke ( Physician )
- Darby Smith
- Thomas Clowes
- Samuel Tucker
- Richard Phillips ( Artist )
- John White Chadwick
- Wilmot Redd
- Ashley Bowen ( Sailor )
- Caroline Atherton Mason
- Philip Ashton ( Sailor )
Marblehead is located at 42°29′49″N 70°51′47″W / 42.49694°N 70.86306°W / 42.49694; -70.86306 (42.497146, -70.863236).
Marblehead's town center is located approximately 4 miles (6 km) from the center of Salem, 16 miles (26 km) northeast of Boston and 12 miles (19 km) southwest of Cape Ann.
Population of Marblehead was 20,377 in the year 2000.
A large percentage of residents became involved early in the Revolutionary War, and the sailors of Marblehead are generally recognized by scholars as forerunners of the United States Navy.
Marblehead is about 50.70 square kilometers with a population of 20,377 in the year 2000.
Marblehead was first settled by Joseph Doliber in 1629 on the shore near the end of what is now Bradlee Road.
Sample list of newspapers published in Marblehead:
- The Daily Item
Marblehead is in the Eastern Time Zone.