Santa Clarita Fun Facts
Santa Clarita's official website is http://www.santa-clarita.com/
Santa Clarita was picked to be the end of Stage 6 in the AMGEN Tour of California, in 2007.
There were about 2,086 foreclosures in Santa Clarita in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Santa Clarita was ranked as number 18 of the top 100 places to live by Money magazine in 2006.
Santa Clarita is serviced by Interstate 5 on the western side of the City.
This allows customers to go on the City of Santa Clarita Transit's website to see the arrival time at a particular stop.
There were 50,952 households in Santa Clarita in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Sample list of famous people who were born in Santa Clarita:
- Atticus Shaffer ( Actor and Voice Actor )
- Matthew Josten ( Actor and Voice Actor )
- Katelyn Salmont ( Actor )
- Gattlin Griffith ( Actor )
- Jeff Brockton ( Stunt Performer and Actor )
- Brian Avery ( Actor and Stunt Performer )
- Ann Marie Rios ( Pornographic actor and Actor )
- Mike Day
- Cameron Smyth ( Consultant )
- Kayla Paige ( Pornographic actor )
- John Criste Jr
- Maverick Ahanmisi
- Leon Jacobs
- Brady Stuart
Federally, Santa Clarita is located in California's 25th congressional district, which has a Cook PVI of R+3 and is represented by Republican Buck McKeon.
Santa Clarita was only fairly recently incorporated, in December 1987, but its history stretches back several centuries.
Santa Clarita is about 123.80 square kilometers with a population of 177,601 in the year 2011.
Santa Clarita's geo-coordinates are 34.4167° N, 118.5064° W.
Santa Clarita is one of the top areas in the nation for wildfire activity.
Sample list of people who were the mayor of Santa Clarita:
- Laurene Weste ( Mayor, from 1998 )
There were about 45,896 mortgages in Santa Clarita in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Santa Clarita was also picked to be the end of Stage 6 and the beginning of the final stage, Stage 7, in 2008.
The santa clarita is located about 35 miles (56 km) northwest of downtown Los Angeles, and occupies most of the Santa Clarita Valley.
The City of Santa Clarita is a general law city and as such is governed by a Council/Manager form of government.
In the state legislature, Santa Clarita is located in the 21st and 27th Senate Districts, represented by Republican Steve Knight and Fran Pavley respectively, and in the 38th Assembly District, represented by Republican Scott Wilk.
The unemployment rate of Santa Clarita was 4.27% in the year 2008.
Sample list of films shot in Santa Clarita:
- Next Day Air ( starring Debbie Allen as Ms. Jackson, Donald Faison as Leo, Darius McCrary as Buddy )
- All About Steve ( starring Thomas Haden Church as Hartman Hughes, Bradley Cooper as Steve Mueller, Sandra Bullock as Mary Horowitz )
- When in Rome ( starring Don Johnson as Beth's dad, Dax Shepard as Gale, Jon Heder as Lance )
- Twilight ( starring Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan, Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen, Kellan Lutz as Emmett Cullen )
- Marmaduke ( starring Judy Greer as Debbie Winslow, William H. Macy as Don Twombly, Owen Wilson as Marmaduke )
- Little Birds ( starring Kate Bosworth as Bonnie Muller, Kay Panabaker as Alison Hoffman, Leslie Mann as Margaret Hobart )
- The Desert Trail ( starring John Wayne as John Scott, Mary Kornman, Paul Fix )
- Beyond the Sierras ( starring Tim McCoy as The Masked Stranger, Sylvia Beecher as Rosa del Valle, Roy D'Arcy as Owens )
Santa Clarita, officially the City of Santa Clarita, is the third largest city in Los Angeles County, California, United States and the eighteenth largest city in the state of California, based on the population estimate from the California Department of Finance. The city recently annexed a number of unincorporated areas contributing to the large population increase. It is located about 35 miles (56 km) northwest of downtown Los Angeles, and occupies most of the Santa Clarita Valley. It is a notable example of a U.S. edge city or boomburb. Santa Clarita was ranked as number 18 of the top 100 places to live by Money magazine in 2006.
Santa Clarita is located in Los Angeles County, California, United States of America.
The racial makeup of Santa Clarita was 125,005 (70.9%) White (56.1% Non-Hispanic White), 51,941 (29.5%) Hispanic or Latino, 5,623 (3.2%) African American, 1,013 (0.6%) Native American, 15,025 (8.5%) Asian (3.4% Filipino, 1.7% Korean, 0.8% Indian, 0.8% Chinese, 0.6% Japanese, 0.3% Vietnamese, 0.9% Other Asian), 272 (0.2%) Pacific Islander, 21,169 (12.0%) from other races, and 8,213 (4.7%) from two or more races.
Santa Clarita is in the Pacific Time Zone.
Population of Santa Clarita was 177,601 in the year 2011.
There were 62,613 addresses in Santa Clarita in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
All local programming for Santa Clarita is carried on a single public-access television cable TV channel, which is operated by SCVTV, a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation.
Additionally, Santa Clarita is served by the Los Angeles Daily News.
Santa Clarita Events
Santa Clarita Data