San Diego Fun Facts
Sample list of books written and focused on San Diego:
- "A Deadly Game: The Untold Story of the Scott Peterson Investigation"
- "Inside the Mind of Scott Peterson"
- "Laci: Inside the Laci Peterson Murder (St. Martin's True Crime Library)"
List of sports teams from San Diego:
- San Diego Padres ( Baseball )
- San Diego Chargers ( American football )
- San Diego Mariners ( Ice Hockey )
- San Diego State Aztecs men's basketball ( Basketball )
- San Diego Toreros men's basketball ( Basketball )
The economy of San Diego is influenced by its deepwater port, which includes the only major submarine and shipbuilding yards on the West Coast.
Following the successful revolt in Los Angeles, the American garrison at San Diego was driven out without firing a shot in early October 1846.
According to Forbes magazine, San Diego was the ninth-safest city in the top 10 list of safest cities in the U.S.
Testament to San Diego's cycling efforts, in 2006, San Diego was rated as the best city for cycling for U.S.
There were 503,938 addresses in San Diego in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Population of San Diego was 1,326,179 in the year 2011.
According to the San Diego Business Journal, the largest software company in San Diego is security software company Websense Inc.
Federally, San Diego is located in California's 51st, 52nd, and 53rd congressional districts, which are represented by Democrats Juan Vargas, Scott Peters, and Susan Davis, respectively.
San Diego is served by the San Diego Trolley light rail system, by the SDMTS bus system, and by Coaster and Amtrak Pacific Surfliner commuter rail; northern San Diego county is also served by the Sprinter light rail line.
Sample list of famous people who were born in San Diego:
- Kim Bokamper ( American football player, Radio personality, Presenter and Entrepreneur )
- Andrés Pico ( Soldier and Politician )
- Barbara Hambly ( Writer, Author and Novelist )
- Gregory Nava ( Film Producer, Writer, Film Director, Screenwriter, Television Director, Television producer and Cinematographer )
- Erik von Detten ( Actor and Voice Actor )
- Mayim Bialik ( Actor, Author, Voice Actor and Researcher )
- Cameron Diaz ( Model, Actor and Voice Actor )
- Dana Ashbrook ( Actor )
- Mario López ( Actor, Author, Television producer, Singer and Television Show Host )
- Ted Danson ( Actor, Film Producer, Author, Voice Actor and Activist )
- Margo Harshman ( Actor )
- Keith A. Williams ( Writer )
- Jason Earles ( Actor and Comedian )
- Holly Marie Combs ( Presenter, Television producer and Actor )
- Robert Duvall ( Actor, Film Producer, Film Director, Screenwriter, Television producer, Soldier and Truck driver )
- Emma Caulfield ( Actor and Television producer )
- Michael J. McCulley ( Engineer and Astronaut )
- Stanley G. Love ( Physicist and Astronaut )
- William C. McCool ( Astronaut )
- Julia Schultz ( Actor and Model )
- Shauna Sand ( Nude Glamour Model, Actor and Pornographic actor )
- Kerri Kendall ( Nude Glamour Model, Actor and Pornographic actor )
- Vanessa Gleason ( Nude Glamour Model and Actor )
- Kim Morris ( Nude Glamour Model and Actor )
- Shallan Meiers ( Nude Glamour Model, Actor and Pornographic actor )
- Pennelope Jimenez ( Nude Glamour Model, Model and Actor )
- Ted Williams ( Baseball player and Pilot )
- Nick Zadrozny
- Jennifer Liano ( Nude Glamour Model )
- Linda Summers ( Nude Glamour Model )
- Susie Scott ( Nude Glamour Model )
- Bert Acosta ( Pilot )
- Dirk Kempthorne ( Lobbyist )
- Luke Walton ( Basketball player )
- Melvin Williams
- Bill Lowery
- Junior Seau ( American football player )
- Todd Watkins ( American football player )
- Johnathan Goddard ( American football player )
- Eric Allen ( American football player and Sports analyst )
- Jeff Thomason ( American football player )
- Tony Romo ( American football player and Athlete )
- Dhani Jones ( American football player )
- Jeff Shoate ( American football player )
- Chad Hutchinson ( Baseball player and American football player )
- La'Roi Glover ( American football player )
- Dave Grayson ( American football player )
- Justin Green ( American football player )
- Khalif Barnes ( American football player )
- Tony Hill ( American football player )
San Diego was named the ninth-most LGBT-friendly city in the U.S.
There were 451,126 households in San Diego in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Sample list of films shot in San Diego:
- Citizen Kane ( starring Joseph Cotten as Jedediah Leland, Dorothy Comingore as Susan Alexander Kane, Ruth Warrick as Emily Monroe Norton Kane )
- My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done? ( starring Brad Dourif as Uncle Ted, Chloë Sevigny as Ingrid Gudmundson, Udo Kier as Lee Meyers )
- Crossing the Line ( starring Dax Kelly, Buck Phillips, KC Hart )
- Paranormal Activity ( starring Katie Featherston as Katie, Crystal Cartwright as Exorcism Nanny, Amber Armstrong as Amber )
- Rent ( starring Anthony Rapp as Mark Cohen, Adam Pascal as Roger Davis, Rosario Dawson as Mimi Marquez )
- Dixie Chicks: Shut Up and Sing ( starring Elizabeth Reaser as Julep )
- Deep Blue Sea ( starring Thomas Jane as Carter Blake, Saffron Burrows as Dr. Susan McCallister, LL Cool J as Preacher )
- The Sum of All Fears ( starring Ben Affleck as Jack Ryan, Morgan Freeman as William Cabot, James Cromwell as J. Robert Fowler )
The san diego is operated by an independent agency, the San Diego Regional Airport Authority.
In June 2004, San Diego was ranked the top biotech cluster in the United States by the Milken Institute.
The original town of San Diego was located at the foot of Presidio Hill, in the area which is now Old Town San Diego State Historic Park.
San Diego is about 964.51 square kilometers with a population of 1,326,179 in the year 2011.
The development of skyscrapers over 300 feet (91 m) in San Diego is attributed to the construction of the El Cortez Apartment Hotel in 1927, the tallest building in the city from 1927 to 1963.
There were about 209,234 mortgages in San Diego in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The racial makeup of San Diego was 45.1% White, 6.7% African American, 0.6% Native American, 15.9% Asian (5.9% Filipino, 2.7% Chinese, 2.5% Vietnamese, 1.3% Indian, 1.0% Korean, 0.7% Japanese, 0.4% Laotian, 0.3% Cambodian, 0.1% Thai).
Downtown San Diego is located on San Diego Bay.
San Diego is located in San Diego County, California, United States of America.
The city was also an early center for aviation: as early as World War I San Diego was proclaiming itself "The Air Capital of the West"\.
Currently the tallest building in San Diego is One America Plaza, standing 500 feet (150 m) tall, which was completed in 1991.
Public schools in San Diego are operated by independent school districts.
San Diego was ranked as the 20th-safest city in America in 2013 by Business Insider.
Sample list of tourist attractions in San Diego:
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- San Diego Zoo
- Mission San Diego de Alcalá
- Birch Aquarium
- Old Point Loma Lighthouse
- Cabrillo National Monument
- USS Midway
- Balboa Park
- Hotel del Coronado
- Old Town San Diego State Historic Park
- Children's Pool Beach
- SeaWorld San Diego
- La Jolla Cove
- Timken Museum of Art
- Belmont Park
- Aquatica San Diego
Nonetheless, San Diego was rated the fifth-best place to live in the United States in 2006 by Money magazine.
The san diego served over 17 million passengers in 2005, and is dealing with an increasingly larger number every year.
With the automobile being the primary means of transportation for over 80 percent of its residents, San Diego is served by a network of freeways and highways.
Sample list of famous events happened in San Diego:
- OOPSLA 2005
- Cleveland Elementary School Shooting
- Elizabeth Smart kidnapping
- San Ysidro McDonald's massacre
- Comic-Con International
- WikiSym 2005
- Cleveland Elementary School shooting
- Louis Vuitton Cup
- Tribute to the Reggae Legends Festival 2013
San Diego / ˌ s æ n d iː ˈ eɪ ɡ oʊ / is a major city in California, on the coast of the Pacific Ocean in Southern California, approximately 120 miles (190 km) south of Los Angeles and immediately adjacent to the border with Mexico.
You can get to San Diego by air, train and/or bus:
- You can take a plane and go to:
- Tijuana International Airport
- McClellan–Palomar Airport
- San Diego International Airport
- You can take a train and go to:
- Union Station
- You can take a bus and go to:
- 120 W. Broadway
San Diego's official website is http://www.sandiego.gov/
The unemployment rate of San Diego was 5.95% in the year 2008.
Here are average temperatures and rainfall of San Diego by month ( based on last 5 years ) :
|Min Temp (°C)||Max Temp (°C)||Rainfall (mm)|
List of airports near San Diego:
- Brown Field Municipal Airport
- San Diego International Airport
- Montgomery Field Airport
- Marine Corps Air Station Miramar
- Gillespie Field
- Naval Air Station North Island
There were about 10,501 foreclosures in San Diego in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Sample list of people who were the mayor of San Diego:
- Kevin Faulconer ( Current Mayor, from 03 Mar 2014 )
- Todd Gloria ( Mayor, from 30 Aug 2013 to 03 Mar 2014 )
- Bob Filner ( Mayor, from 03 Dec 2012 to 30 Aug 2013 )
- Jerry Sanders ( Mayor, from 05 Dec 2005 to 03 Dec 2012 )
San Diego is in the Pacific Time Zone.
San Diego's geo-coordinates are 32.715° N, 117.1625° W.
Sample list of newspapers published in San Diego:
- San Diego Downtown News
- San Diego Daily Transcript
- U-T San Diego
- San Diego Reader
- The Koala
- UCSD Guardian
- San Diego CityBeat
- The Daily Aztec
- Gay and Lesbian Times
- The San Diego Door
- The Mesa Press
San Diego Events
San Diego Data
Monday August 18, 2014