Toms River Fun Facts
List of airports near Toms River:
- Robert J. Miller Air Park
Toms River is in the Eastern Time Zone.
Toms River is located in Ocean County, New Jersey, United States of America.
The village of Toms River is listed on both the national and state registers of historic places.
In 2006, Toms River was ranked by Morgan Quitno Press as the 14th safest city in the United States, of 369 cities nationwide.
In 2007, Toms River was again ranked as the 14th-safest city in the United States of 371 cities nationwide.
The major bus station in Toms River is located downtown, off exit 81 of the Garden State Parkway.
Toms River's official website is http://www.tomsrivertownship.com/
Sample list of famous people who were born in Toms River:
- April Smith ( Composer, Singer and Guitarist )
- Melissa Gorga ( Singer )
- Curt Carlson ( Actor )
- Lisa Sever-Ferraro ( Production Designer, Actor and Set Decorator )
- Noah Perabo ( Actor )
- Joe Valenti ( Film Producer, Cinematographer, Film Editor, Film Director, Actor and Screenwriter )
- Jason Medwin ( Actor, Film Producer and Writer )
- Charley Parlapanides ( Screenwriter and Actor )
- Brian Geraghty ( Actor and Film Producer )
- Darian Barnes ( American football player )
- Mike Bucci ( Wrestler )
- Scott Palguta
- Chris Konopka ( Football player )
- Norbert Basil MacLean III
- Al Leiter ( Baseball player )
- Andy Messersmith ( Baseball player )
- Leigh Lezark ( Model )
- Keith Stokes ( American football player )
- Mia Galeotalanza
- Sheree Gray
- Norton A. Schwartz
- Steve Mormando
- David de Kastrozza
- Jason Snelling ( American football player )
- Danny Clinch ( Photographer and Film Director )
- Andrew Campbell
- Amber Mcdermott
- Alex Blackwell ( Basketball player )
- Frankie Edgar
- Todd Zelin ( Television Editor and Film Editor )
- Evan Regas
- Chris Gulla
As of 2013[update], the Mayor of Toms River is Thomas P Kelaher (R, term expires December 31, 2015).
The Village of Toms River attempted twice — in 1914 and 1926 — to secede from Dover Township, but residents were unsuccessful.
Toms River is 70 miles (110 km) south of Manhattan and 55 miles (89 km) east of Philadelphia.
Toms River was located in the southern section of the Township of Shrewsbury that obtained a royal charter to secede in 1767 and form Dover Township.
As of March 23, 2011, there were a total of 59,987 registered voters in Toms River Township, of which 11,617 (19.4%) were registered as Democrats, 15,749 (26.3%) were registered as Republicans and 32,592 (54.3%) were registered as Unaffiliated.
Toms River is about 136.97 square kilometers with a population of 86,327 in the year 2000.
Population of Toms River was 86,327 in the year 2000.
Toms River's geo-coordinates are 39.9943° N, 74.1662° W.
Sample list of newspapers published in Toms River:
- Toms River Observer Reporter
Toms River Events
Toms River Data