San Jose Fun Facts
Sample list of tourist attractions in San Jose:
- San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles
- San Jose Museum of Art
- Santana Row
- Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum
- Winchester Mystery House
- Downtown San Jose
- San Jose Municipal Rose Garden
- The Tech Museum of Innovation
- Alum Rock Park
- Kelley Park
- Children's Discovery Museum of San Jose
- Happy Hollow Park & Zoo
Sample list of people who were the mayor of San Jose:
- Chuck Reed ( Current Mayor, from 09 Jan 2007 )
- Norman Mineta ( Mayor, from 1971 to 1975 )
- Robert Doerr ( Mayor, from 1956 to 1958 )
Sample list of famous people who were born in San Jose:
- Miguel Perez ( Actor )
- Heather Lauren Olson ( Actor )
- Dustin Diamond ( Comedian, Actor, Musician and Film Director )
- Helen Ainsworth ( Actor and Film Producer )
- Debbie Lee Carrington ( Actor and Stunt Performer )
- Jake Cuenca ( Model, Actor and Football player )
- Don Edwards ( Politician )
- Jenny Shimizu ( Model and Actor )
- Anjelah Johnson ( Comedian and Actor )
- Frank W. Benson ( Lawyer and Politician )
- Jhonen Vasquez ( Cartoonist, Writer, Comic Book Creator and Music Video Director )
- Steve Wozniak ( Programmer, Engineer, Entrepreneur, Businessperson, Inventor, Computer and Scientist )
- Edmund Lowe ( Actor )
- Michael Swan ( Actor and Film Director )
- Ernie Reyes, Jr. ( Actor, Film Producer, Entrepreneur, Singer, Stunt Performer, Martial Artist, Film Director, Screenwriter and Stage combat )
- Sandra McCoy ( Actor and Dancer )
- Sheri Moon Zombie ( Actor, Fashion designer, Dancer and Model )
- Renée Elise Goldsberry ( Actor, Singer and Songwriter )
- Kate Walsh ( Actor, Model and Businessperson )
- Josh Holloway ( Actor and Model )
- Norman Mineta ( Politician )
- Lloyd Bacon ( Film Director, Actor and Screenwriter )
- Cynthia Gwyn Brown ( Nude Glamour Model )
- Sean Bonniwell
- Calum Best ( Model )
- Shirlee Busbee ( Novelist )
- Thomas A. Bailey ( Historian )
- Jeff Ulbrich ( American football player )
- Mark Wilson ( American football player )
- Jim Plunkett ( American football player and Football player )
- James Hodgins ( American football player )
- Bob Berry ( American football player )
- Craig Bragg ( American football player )
- Keith Poole ( American football player )
- Joe Nedney ( American football player )
- Copeland Bryan ( American football player )
- Craig Whelihan ( American football player )
- Courtney Paris ( Basketball player )
- Doug Oliver ( Coach )
- John Emmons
- Rudolph Delson ( Novelist )
- Bob Meusel ( Sailor and Baseball player )
- Bob Toledo ( Coach and American Football coach )
- Ron Reis ( Wrestler )
- Willy T. Ribbs ( Race car driver )
- Charles Henderson ( Lawyer )
- Scott Fisher ( Basketball player and Coach )
- Tim Martin
- Ashley Paris ( Basketball player )
- Franklin Mieuli
San Jose's geo-coordinates are 37.3333° N, 121.9° W.
You can get to San Jose by air, train and/or bus:
- You can take a plane and go to:
- San Jose International Airport
- You can take a train and go to:
- Diridon Station
- You can take a bus and go to:
- 70 S. Almaden Ave.
There were about 6,259 foreclosures in San Jose in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Sample list of newspapers published in San Jose:
- Alamaden Resident
- San Jose Mercury News
- Metro Silicon Valley
Additionally, San Jose is served by a system of county-wide expressways, which includes the Almaden Expressway, Capitol Expressway, San Tomas Expressway, and Lawrence Expressway.
List of sports teams from San Jose:
- San Jose Sharks ( Ice Hockey )
- San Jose Earthquakes ( Football )
- San Jose Stealth ( Lacrosse )
San Jose is located in California, United States of America.
San Jose is in the Pacific Time Zone.
The unemployment rate of San Jose was 6.68% in the year 2008.
There were about 156,941 mortgages in San Jose in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
On orders from Antonio María de Bucareli y Ursúa, Spanish Viceroy of New Spain, San Jose was founded by Lieutenant José Joaquín Moraga as Pueblo de San José de Guadalupe (in honor of Saint Joseph) on November 29, 1777, to establish a farming community.
To recognize the city's efforts, the asteroid 6216 San Jose was named after the city.
The SAP Center at San Jose is one of the most active venues for events in the world.
Sample list of famous events happened in San Jose:
- NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament
- OOPSLA 1996
- NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament- West Regional Semifinals
- Cinequest Film Festival
- Tour of California
- Royal Rumble (1998)
- GPU Technology Conference 2012
- Shnit International Short Film Festival
- Nebula Awards
- San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival
- San Jose International Short Film Festival
The highest temperature ever recorded in San Jose was 109 °F (43 °C) on June 14, 2000; the lowest was 19 °F (−7 °C) on December 22–23, 1990.
There were 276,415 households in San Jose in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
San Jose is served by Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport (IATA: SJC, ICAO: KSJC, FAA LID: SJC), two miles (3 km) northwest of downtown, and by Reid-Hillview Airport of Santa Clara County (ICAO: KRHV, FAA LID: RHV) a general aviation airport located in the eastern part of San Jose.
The racial makeup of San Jose was 404,437 (42.8%) White, 303,138 (32.0%) Asian (10.4% Vietnamese, 6.7% Chinese, 5.6% Filipino, 4.6% Indian, 1.2% Korean, 1.2% Japanese, 0.3% Cambodian, 0.2% Thai, 0.2% Pakistani, 0.2% Laotian), 30,242 (3.2%) African American, 8,297 (0.9%) Native American, 4,017 (0.4%) Pacific Islander, 148,749 (15.7%) from other races, and 47,062 (5.0%) from two or more races.
San Jose is located at 37°20′07″N 121°53′31″W / 37.335278°N 121.891944°W / 37.335278; -121.891944 .
Long-term plans call for BART to be expanded to Santa Clara through Milpitas and San Jose from the current terminal in Fremont.
The other faults near San Jose are the Monte Vista Fault and the Hayward Fault Zone.
Population of San Jose was 967,487 in the year 2011.
The san jose was built in 1935 by the Southern Pacific Railroad, and was refurbished in 1994.
San Jose was founded on November 29, 1777, as El Pueblo de San José de Guadalupe, the first civilian town in the Spanish colony of Nueva California.
The lowest point in San Jose is 13 feet (4 m) below sea level at the San Francisco Bay in Alviso; the highest is 2,125 feet.
Like most of the Bay Area, San Jose is made up of dozens of microclimates.
San Jose is served by Greater Bay Area media.
San Jose is about 466.11 square kilometers with a population of 967,487 in the year 2011.
There were 302,885 addresses in San Jose in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
In its 2013 ParkScore ranking, The Trust for Public Land, a national land conservation organization, reported that San Jose was tied with Albuquerque and Omaha for having the 11th best park system among the 50 most populous U.S.
List of airports near San Jose:
- Reid-Hillview Airport
- San Jose International Airport
San Jose's official website is http://www.sanjoseca.gov/
Several regional transportation projects have been undertaken in recent years to deal with congestion on San Jose freeways.
Here are average temperatures and rainfall of San Jose by month ( based on last 5 years ) :
|Min Temp (°C)||Max Temp (°C)||Rainfall (mm)|
San Jose Events
San Jose Data