Daytona Beach Fun Facts
Sample list of tourist attractions in Daytona Beach:
- Mary McLeod Bethune Home
- Daytona Lagoon
- Daytona International Speedway
- Daytona Beach Bike Week
- Museum of Arts and Sciences
- Daytona 500 Experience
- Ocean Center
- South Beach Street Historic District
- Jackie Robinson Ballpark
- Merchants Bank Building
The daytona beach is a principal city of the Deltona–Daytona Beach–Ormond Beach, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area, which was home to 494,593 people in 2010.
Daytona Beach's geo-coordinates are 29.2° N, 81.0333° W.
As such, the hurricane risk for Daytona Beach is significantly lower than areas of south Florida like Miami and Key West.
Sample list of famous events happened in Daytona Beach:
- Death of Dale Earnhardt
The city of Daytona Beach is split in two by the Halifax River lagoon, part of the Intracoastal Waterway, and sits on the Atlantic Ocean.
Daytona Beach is served by Amtrak by way of a Thruway Motorcoach connection between the beachside and Amtrak's DeLand Station, 28 miles (45 km) to the west.
There were about 847 foreclosures in Daytona Beach in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The unemployment rate of Daytona Beach was 6.26% in the year 2008.
Daytona Beach is located in Volusia County, Florida, United States of America.
Passenger railroad service to Daytona Beach was established no later than 1889 by the Jacksonville, St.
Daytona Beach is about 168.17 square kilometers with a population of 61,028 in the year 2011.
Population of Daytona Beach was 61,028 in the year 2011.
There were 32,253 addresses in Daytona Beach in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
There were 28,561 households in Daytona Beach in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Sample list of people who were the mayor of Daytona Beach:
- Derrick Henry ( Current Mayor, from 14 Nov 2012 )
- Larry Kelly ( Mayor, from 1974 to 1993 )
Daytona Beach's official website is http://www.ci.daytona-beach.fl.us/
The area where Daytona Beach is today was once inhabited by the indigenous Timucuan Indians who lived in fortified villages.
There were about 9,240 mortgages in Daytona Beach in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Daytona Beach is located at 29°12′N 81°2′W (29.2073, −81.0379).
Sample list of newspapers published in Daytona Beach:
- Orlando Sentinel
Sample list of famous people who were born in Daytona Beach:
- Aaron Louis Tordini ( Writer, Novelist and Screenwriter )
- Zack Thomas ( Actor )
- Artie Ahr ( Actor and Film Producer )
- Pete Carr ( Songwriter, Musician and Record producer )
- Ryan Tramont ( Actor )
- Billy Henderson ( Singer )
- Gabriella Pession ( Actor )
- Eric Champion ( Record producer, Songwriter and Singer )
- Kevin Bernhardt ( Screenwriter, Actor and Film Producer )
- Dekker Dreyer ( Screenwriter, Film Producer, Film Director, Television producer and Actor )
- Logan Carter ( Actor )
- Kenneth C. Griffin ( Entrepreneur and Businessperson )
- T. Terrell Sessums ( Lawyer and Politician )
- Lee H. Hamilton ( Politician and Statesman )
- Hank Mizell ( Songwriter, Singer and Guitarist )
- Bob Ross ( Artist and Painter )
- William Bartee ( American football player )
- Jeff Blake ( American football player )
- Marshall Teague ( Race car driver )
- Vince Carter ( Basketball player and Athlete )
- George McCloud ( Basketball player )
- Stanley Tuemler Escudero
- Kenny Flowers ( American football player )
- Brennan Curtin ( American football player )
- Martin Mayhew ( American football player )
- Brenard Wilson ( American football player )
- T. T. Toliver ( American football player )
- Bruce McNorton ( American football player )
- Ed Charles ( Baseball player and Baseball Coach )
- Eddie Reese ( Coach )
- Maurice Lloyd
- Richie Panch
- Roger Holt ( Baseball player )
- Tony Gibson
- Samantha Baggett
- Tony Bobbitt ( Basketball player )
- David Vanterpool ( Basketball player )
- Roland G. Fryer, Jr. ( Economist )
- Matt Every ( Professional golfer )
- Dave Ragan ( Golfer )
- Carl M. Kuttler, Jr.
- Randy Reese ( Coach )
- Joe Arnold
- Robert Wright ( Songwriter, Lyricist, Film Score and Composer )
- Brandon Siler ( American football player )
- Ray Busse ( Baseball player )
- Frederick B. Karl
- T. K. Wetherell ( American football player )
- Eric Weems ( American football player )
- Elijah King
List of airports near Daytona Beach:
- Daytona Beach International Airport
- Massey Ranch Airpark
- Spruce Creek Airport
Daytona Beach Events
Daytona Beach Data