Paris Fun Facts
Paris's geo-coordinates are 43.2° N, 80.3833° W.
The town of Paris was officially established in 1856.
Sample list of newspapers published in Paris:
- Brantford Expositor
Paris is referred to as "the cobblestone capital of Canada" (in reference to a number of aged cobblestone houses).
Paris was named for the nearby deposits of gypsum, used to make plaster of Paris.
Sample list of famous people who were born in Paris:
- John Bemrose ( Writer, Novelist and Journalist )
- Alli L!ve ( Singer-songwriter, Actor and Record producer )
- Greg Rickford ( Businessperson, Nurse and Lawyer )
- Syl Apps
- Jay Wells ( Ice hockey player )
- Ken Ellacott
- Alma Duncan
- Albert Johnson Walker ( Financial planner and Financier )
- Arthur Heming ( Novelist )
- Zac Dalpe ( Ice hockey player )
- George McCowan ( Television Director and Film Director )
- Phyllis Hockin
Paris is located in Ontario.