Abbotsford Fun Facts
The most notable natural disaster to hit Abbotsford was a major flood of the Fraser River in 1948.
Sample list of tourist attractions in Abbotsford:
- Golden Ears Provincial Park
- Abbotsford Entertainment & Sports Centre
- Clayburn Village
- Glen Valley Regional Park
- Abbotsford Exhibition Park
- Sumas Mountain Regional Park
- Apple Barn Pumpkin Farm
- Trethewey House Heritage Site
- Gur Sikh Temple
- The Reach Gallery Museum
Abbotsford is in the Pacific Time Zone.
The Village of Abbotsford was incorporated in 1892.
Abbotsford is home to the Abbotsford Mariners of the United Soccer Leagues Premier Development League, the highest level of amateur soccer in North America.
Abbotsford's official website is http://www.abbotsford.ca/
Sample list of films shot in Abbotsford:
- Odysseus: Voyage to the Underworld ( starring Arnold Vosloo as Odysseus, Steve Bacic as Eurylochus, J. R. Bourne as Perimedes )
List of airports near Abbotsford:
- Abbotsford International Airport
Abbotsford's geo-coordinates are 49.0546° N, 122.328° W.
Abbotsford is about 375.55 square kilometers.
Sample list of famous people who were born in Abbotsford:
- Taya Calicetto ( Actor )
- Jonny Craig ( Musician, -songwriter, Talent manager and Singer )
- Ryan Craig ( Ice hockey player )
- Brad Moran
- Michael Funk
- Adam Bysouth
- Kyle Cumiskey ( Ice hockey player )
- Alanna Kraus ( Short Track Speed Skater )
- Clayton Cumiskey
- Kelly Lochbaum
- David Van der Gulik ( Ice hockey player )
- Rob Lazeo
- Shiloh ( Singer-songwriter )
- James Lepp ( Golfer )
- Mauro Ranallo ( Announcer and Commentator )
- Nathan Lieuwen ( Ice hockey player and Athlete )
- Kellan Tochkin ( Ice hockey player )
- Justin Kelly
- Derek Grant ( Ice hockey player )
- Sunny Dhinsa
- Jordan Schartner ( Voice Actor )
- Howard White
- Dan Murphy ( Sports commentator )
- Rodney Graham ( Artist )
- Mark Isherwood
- Darryl Plecas
- Riley Boychuk ( Ice hockey player )
- Gagan Dosanjh
- Robert Willms
The flag of Abbotsford was originally blue in colour.
Abbotsford is located in British Columbia, Canada.