North Vancouver Fun Facts
The City of North Vancouver is separated from Vancouver by the Burrard Inlet.
North Vancouver is in the Pacific Time Zone.
In 1902, the Hotel North Vancouver was built; in 1905, the first bank, a branch of the Bank of North America, opened.
Sample list of newspapers published in North Vancouver:
- The Capilano Courier
North Vancouver's official website is http://www.cnv.org
The District of North Vancouver is a district municipality in British Columbia and is part of the Greater Vancouver Regional District (GVRD).
North Vancouver's geo-coordinates are 49.3167° N, 123.0667° W.
North Vancouver is about 11.95 square kilometers.
Sample list of tourist attractions in North Vancouver:
- Cleveland Dam
- Park and Tilford Gardens
- Deep Cove
- Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge
- Grouse Mountain
- Lynn Canyon Ecology Centre
- Centennial Theatre
- Panorama Park
- Mount Seymour
- Maplewood Farm
Sample list of famous people who were born in North Vancouver:
- Tyron Leitso ( Actor )
- Leah Cairns ( Actor )
- Charles Montgomery ( Writer and Journalist )
- Tom MacNeill ( Actor and Camera Operator )
- Colby Wilson ( Actor )
- Chief Leonard George ( Actor )
- Trevor Chong ( Actor )
- April Telek ( Actor, Jewelry designer and Model )
- Helene Taylor ( Actor )
- Dave Tomlinson
- Ingrid Jensen ( Trumpeter )
- Robbie Dixon ( Alpine skier )
- Jordan Weal ( Ice hockey player )
- Tommy Grant ( Ice hockey player )
- Darrell Mussatto
- Anna Rice
- Travis Ewanyk ( Ice hockey player )
- Marielle Thompson ( Freestyle skier and Athlete )
- Tobin Stokes ( Composer and Film Score Composer )
- Valerie Gibson ( Journalist )
- Sam Reinhart
- Maëlle Ricker ( Snowboarder and Athlete )
- Mercedes Nicoll ( Snowboarder and Athlete )
- Dalton Thrower
- Patricia Bezzoubenko
- Todd Simpson
- Kyle Beach ( Ice hockey player )
- Nico Berg
- Steve Kariya ( Ice hockey player )
- Paul Forseth
North Vancouver is located in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Population of North Vancouver was 82,562.
The main (and only) highway through the District of North Vancouver is the Trans-Canada Highway (Highway 1).
North Vancouver Events
North Vancouver Data
Saturday August 30, 2014