Delta Fun Facts
Delta is in the Pacific Time Zone.
Delta is about 364.00 square kilometers.
Sample list of famous people who were born in Delta:
- Brent Thurston ( Ice hockey player and Actor )
- Adam Braidwood
- Jenny-Lynn Hutcheson
- Kevin Eiben ( American football player )
- Nigel Marples
- Mark Morrison ( Ice hockey player and Coach )
- Adam Wallace
- Davis Sanchez ( American football player )
- Brandon McMillan ( Ice hockey player )
- Kyle O'Reilly
- Keith Seabrook
- Brodie Reid ( Ice hockey player )
- Michael Muller ( Field Hockey player )
- Tyson Pencer
- Nicolas Petan ( Ice hockey player )
The first European settler in Delta was James Kennedy who pre-empted 135 acres in what later became Annieville in February 1860.
The median household income (after-taxes) in Delta is $71,590, quite higher than the national average at $54,089.
List of airports near Delta:
- Boundary Bay Airport
- Delta/Delta Heritage Air Park
Delta is located in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Delta is composed of three distinct communities: Ladner, Tsawwassen, and North Delta.
Delta is located 27 kilometres (17 mi) south of Vancouver and 22 kilometres (14 mi) north of the U.S.
Delta's official website is http://www.corp.delta.bc.ca/
Delta's geo-coordinates are 49.1167° N, 122.9833° W.
At 364 square kilometres (141 sq mi), Delta is the largest municipality in the GVRD; the second largest is its neighbour to the east, Surrey, at 317.4 square kilometres (122.5 sq mi).
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the median value of a dwelling in Delta is $562,181 which is significantly higher than the national average at $280,552.