Lancaster Fun Facts
Sample list of films shot in Lancaster:
- Land of the Lost ( starring Will Ferrell as Dr. Rick Marshall, Anna Friel as Holly Cantrell, Danny McBride as Will Stanton )
- Born Free ( starring Peabo Powell, Carol Kraft, Michael Farrell )
The area in which the city of Lancaster is now located, which is now known as the Antelope Valley, was originally home to the Piute Indians.
Sample list of newspapers published in Lancaster:
- Antelope Valley Press
The lancaster is separated from the Los Angeles Basin by the San Gabriel Mountains to the south, and from Bakersfield and the San Joaquin Valley by the Tehachapi Mountains to the north.
Lancaster is in the Pacific Time Zone.
Lancaster is about 244.88 square kilometers with a population of 157,693 in the year 2011.
The lancaster was first put in by Honda for a television commercial.
List of airports near Lancaster:
- General William J. Fox Airfield
Sample list of people who were the mayor of Lancaster:
- R. Rex Parris ( Current Mayor, from 22 Apr 2008 )
There were about 4,182 foreclosures in Lancaster in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Lancaster was an unincorporated community in Los Angeles County until 1977, when it was incorporated as a city, with Arnold Rodio serving as its first mayor.
Sample list of famous people who were born in Lancaster:
- Tony Verley ( Actor )
- Angel Jager ( Actor )
- Kevin Bowe ( Accountant and Actor )
- Sarah Williford ( Actor )
- Forrest Pruett ( Actor and Casting Director )
- Jennifer L. Knox ( Writer )
- Ron emmerson ( Entrepreneur )
- Kelsey Lewis
- Bob Hannah
- Chris Gocong ( American football player )
- Steve Buechele ( Baseball player )
- Bruce Van Dyke ( American football player )
- Adam Wheeler
- Tina Landon ( Choreographer )
- Sean Douglass ( Baseball player )
- Kevin Appier ( Baseball player )
- Matthew Freeman
- Christopher Avalos
- Kazeka Muniz
- Tyrone Culver ( American football player )
- D'Andre Goodwin ( American football player )
- Chaz Schilens ( American football player )
- Jeff Springer ( Film Editor, Cinematographer and Television Director )
- Charles Bruce
- Vixen LaMoore ( Pornographic actor )
- Taveon Rogers ( American football player )
- Steve Chilcott
- Evan Roquemore
- Brad Ely
- Leilani Leeane ( Pornographic actor )
- Brandon Hughes
- Roosevelt Davis
- Dewayne Dedmon ( Basketball player )
- Jereke Armstrong
- Shane Moniz
- R. Rex Parris
The lancaster was founded in 1929 on the campus of Antelope Valley High School.
Federally, Lancaster is located in California's 22nd and 25th congressional districts, which have Cook PVIs of R +16 and R +7 respectively and are represented by Republicans Kevin McCarthy and Buck McKeon respectively.
Lancaster was also used to film spots in Rob Zombie's film, The Devils Rejects.
Lancaster is located approximately 70 miles (110 km) north (by highway) of downtown Los Angeles, near the Kern County line.
Lancaster is located in Los Angeles County, Mojave Desert, California, United States of America.
The Two Pines Church in Lancaster is a chapel used by Quentin Tarantino in many scenes of his film, Kill Bill.
The area within Lancaster is covered by shrublands (80%), forests (8%), grasslands (7%), lakes and rivers (2%), and croplands (2%).
The racial makeup of Lancaster was 77,734 (49.6%) White (34.2% Non-Hispanic White), 32,083 (20.5%) African American, 1,519 (1.0%) Native American, 6,810 (4.3%) Asian (2.2% Filipino, 0.4% Chinese, 0.4% Indian, 0.3% Vietnamese, 0.3% Korean, 0.2% Japanese), 362 (0.2%) Pacific Islander, 29,728 (19.0%) from other races, and 8,397 (5.4%) from two or more races.
Lancaster's geo-coordinates are 34.6833° N, 118.15° W.
There were 50,335 addresses in Lancaster in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The record high temperature in Lancaster was 115 °F (46 °C) on June 30, 2013.
Hispanic or Latino of any race were 59,596 persons (38.0%); 26.9% of Lancaster is Mexican, 3.0% Salvadoran, 1.3% Guatemalan, 0.7% Puerto Rican, 0.3% Cuban, 0.3% Honduran, 0.3% Nicaraguan, and 0.3% Peruvian.
The City of Lancaster is a charter city which utilizes a City Council/City Manager system of government.
Lancaster's official website is http://www.cityoflancasterca.org/
There were about 40,228 mortgages in Lancaster in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The unemployment rate of Lancaster was 10.1% in the year 2008.
Population of Lancaster was 157,693 in the year 2011.
There were 38,157 households in Lancaster in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.