Bala Cynwyd Fun Facts
Bala Cynwyd is served by the Lower Merion School District with its headquarters in Ardmore.
Bala Cynwyd (/ ˈ k ɪ n w ʊ d / KIN -wuud locally, or / ˈ k ɪ n w ɪ d / KIN -wid , not the original Welsh: [ˈkənwɪd] ) is a community in Lower Merion Township which is located on the Main Line in southeastern Pennsylvania, bordering the western edge of Philadelphia at US Route 1 (City Avenue). It was originally two separate towns, Bala and Cynwyd, but is commonly treated as a single community. This came about when a single US Post Office served both towns (the "Bala Cynwyd" Branch) using the zip code of 19004. Bala and Cynwyd are still served by separate stations on SEPTA's Cynwyd Line of Regional Rail.
Sample list of films shot in Bala Cynwyd:
- Café ( starring Jennifer Love Hewitt as Claire, Jamie Kennedy as Dealer, Alexa Vega as Sally )
Sample list of famous people who were born in Bala Cynwyd:
- Chris Heuisler ( Actor )
- Gilbert Lea ( American football player, Businessperson and Publisher )
- Gordon Merrick ( Writer and Novelist )
- Hobey Baker ( American football player and Ice hockey player )
- Will Kohler
- Alexander Haig ( Soldier and Civil servant )
- Charlie Hall
Bala Cynwyd is located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, United States of America.
Bala Cynwyd's geo-coordinates are 40.0075° N, 75.2342° W.
Bala Cynwyd Events
Bala Cynwyd Data