Sherbrooke Fun Facts
Sample list of famous people who were born in Sherbrooke:
- Garou ( Singer, Musician, Actor and Songwriter )
- Pascal-Pierre Paillé ( Entrepreneur and Teacher )
- Susan Goyette ( Writer and Novelist )
- Jim Corcoran ( Singer, Musician and Radio personality )
- Sarah Lassez ( Actor and Author )
- Jean Charest ( Politician and Lawyer )
- Mathieu Turcotte ( Speed Skater )
- Rita Dionne-Marsolais ( Economist )
- Diane Lemieux
- Guy Ouellette
- David Perron ( Ice hockey player )
- Serge Cardin
- Yanic Perreault ( Ice hockey player )
- Mathieu Dandenault
- Steven Blaney
- Christian Dubé ( Ice hockey player )
- Stéphane Robidas ( Ice hockey player and Athlete )
- Jean-François Labbé ( Ice hockey player )
- Pierre-Marc Bouchard ( Ice hockey player )
- François Bouchard
- Bobby Rivard
- Maurice Allard ( Lawyer )
- Marc Parenteau
- Harry Saltzman ( Film Producer )
- Jimmy Waite ( Ice hockey player )
- Paul Desruisseaux
- Jacques Chapdelaine
- Yves Forest
- William Heneker
- Eric Saucke-Lacelle
- Benoît Boulanger
- Sarah Vaillancourt ( Ice hockey player )
- Chantale Sevigny ( Short Track Speed Skater )
- Reed Scowen
- Alfred Rouleau
- André Lussier
- Arthur Norreys Worthington ( Physician )
- David Price
- Maurice Hallé
- Robert Davidson
- Paul Mullins Gervais
- Marc-André Craig
- Northrop Frye ( Philosopher, Critic and Literary critic )
- Sylvie Daigle ( Speed Skater )
- Maurice Gingues
- Olivier Magnan
- Antoine Gélinas-Beaulieu ( Short Track Speed Skater )
- Stéphane Brochu
- Francis Lemieux
- Stéphane Waite ( Coach )
Sample list of newspapers published in Sherbrooke:
- The Record
Population of Sherbrooke was 147,427.
Sherbrooke is located in Québec, Canada.
Sherbrooke (/ ˈ ʃ ɜr b r ʊ k / ; Quebec French pronunciation [ʃɛʁbʁʊk] ) is a city in southern Quebec, Canada. Sherbrooke is situated at the confluence of the Saint-François (St. Francis) and Magog rivers in the heart of the Estrie administrative region. Sherbrooke is also the name of a territory equivalent to a regional county municipality (TE) and census division (CD) of Quebec, coextensive with the city of Sherbrooke. With 154,601 residents as of the 2011 census, Sherbrooke was the sixth largest city in the province of Quebec and the thirtieth largest in Canada. The Sherbrooke Census Metropolitan Area had 201,890 inhabitants, making it the fourth largest metropolitan area in Quebec and nineteenth largest in Canada.
List of airports near Sherbrooke:
- Sherbrooke Airport
Sherbrooke is in the Eastern Time Zone.
Sherbrooke is also served by four highways as well as a regional airport, named for Sherbrooke, but located in the nearby city of Cookshire-Eaton.
The current mayor of Sherbrooke is Bernard Sévigny.
Sherbrooke is about 353.46 square kilometers with a population of 147,427.
Provincially, Sherbrooke is divided into two electoral districts.
Sherbrooke's geo-coordinates are 45.4° N, 71.9° W.
Seeking to obtain control of the territory, the area around present-day Sherbrooke was a battlefield between the two peoples who had to travel to the region.
List of sports teams from Sherbrooke:
- Sherbrooke Canadiens
- Sherbrooke Jets
Sherbrooke's official website is http://www.ville.sherbrooke.qc.ca/