Nepean Fun Facts
The geographic boundaries of Nepean changed considerably over this time; the original town hall of the township of Nepean was located in Westboro, which was annexed in 1949 by the city of Ottawa.
Nepean's geo-coordinates are 45.3417° N, 75.7583° W.
The population of Nepean is about 180,000 people.
Nepean is also the Ottawa suburb that has the most hours of sunshine, with an average of 2,100 hours each year.
Nepean is about 217.00 square kilometers.
Nepean was incorporated as a city on November 24, 1978.
Nepean is located in Ottawa, Ontario.
Sample list of famous people who were born in Nepean:
- Sandra Oh ( Actor and Voice Actor )
- John Baird ( Consultant and Politician )
- Marjory LeBreton
- Dan Ratushny
- Jamie Baker
- Jason York
- Derek Campbell
- Jonathan Zion
- Brett MacNeil
- Jesse Levine ( Tennis player )
- Chris Carrozzi ( Ice hockey player )
- Roshell Bissett ( Film Director, Film Producer, Screenwriter and Film Editor )
- Kenny Caceros ( Soccer Player )
Nepean was named after Sir Evan Nepean, British Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department from 1782 to 1791.
Prior to its amalgamation with 10 other municipalities into the new city of Ottawa in 2001, the population of Nepean was 124,878.