Norman Fun Facts
Norman was settled during the Land Run of 1889, which opened the former Indian Territory and Unassigned Lands to American pioneer settlement.
The City of Norman was formally incorporated on May 13, 1891.
The unemployment rate of Norman was 3.72% in the year 2008.
The predominant form of transportation in Norman is roads and highways with 80.0% of all residents driving alone to work, 9.0% carpooling, and just 1.3% taking public transportation.
The norman is the largest weekend event held in the state of Oklahoma, with over 325,000 people in attendance in 2006 and growing yearly.
Norman's official website is http://www.ci.norman.ok.us
Population of Norman was 113,273 in the year 2011.
There were about 22,175 mortgages in Norman in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The norman is the oldest continuous business in Norman and was founded shortly after the Land Run of April 1889 on July 13, 1889.
There were 47,202 addresses in Norman in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
By 1902 the downtown district contained two banks, two hotels, and a flour mill, and other businesses; by 1913 there were over 3,700 residents living in Norman when the Oklahoma Railway Company decided to extend its interurban streetcar running from Oklahoma City to Moore into Norman, spurring additional population growth.
Norman is located in Cleveland County, Oklahoma.
Sample list of newspapers published in Norman:
- Moore American
- The Oklahoma Daily
There were about 455 foreclosures in Norman in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
There were 39,249 households in Norman in the year 2008 according to data from United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The norman was first published in 1897, several years after the university’s founding.
The city of Norman is served by the Moore Norman Technology Center.
Norman's geo-coordinates are 35.2167° N, 97.4167° W.
List of sports teams from Norman:
- Oklahoma Sooners men's basketball ( Basketball )
- Oklahoma Sooners football ( American football )
Sample list of famous events happened in Norman:
- NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament
- Neustadt International Prize for Literature Awards
Norman is about 189.50 square kilometers with a population of 113,273 in the year 2011.
List of airports near Norman:
- University of Oklahoma Westheimer Airport
Norman is located at 35°13′N 97°25′W / 35.2217°N 97.4183°W / 35.2217; -97.4183 (35.2216, −97.4182) As of 2010, the city has a total area of 189.4 square miles (491 km2), of which 178.8 square miles (463 km2) is land and 10.6 square miles (27 km2) is water.
Sample list of famous people who were born in Norman:
- Larry Nemecek ( Actor )
- Nyambi Nyambi ( Actor )
- John Womack ( Historian, Author, Actor and Professor )
- Vince Gill ( Singer-songwriter, Musician, Voice Actor and Multi-instrumentalist )
- Adam Clinton ( Actor, Film Producer and Screenwriter )
- Juddson Keith Linn ( Stunt Performer and Actor )
- Cody Deal ( Actor and Model )
- Neeli Ravi ( Actor )
- Jack Garner ( Actor, Professional golfer, Coach, Singer and Baseball player )
- Justin Hall ( Actor )
- Lewis Salter ( Physicist )
- Matt Fletcher ( Songwriter and Musician )
- Milena Govich ( Actor, Singer, Dancer and Musician )
- James Garner ( Actor, Film Producer, Soldier, Voice Actor and Television producer )
- Trent Smith ( American football player )
- Jesse Ed Davis ( Guitarist, Session musician and Sideman )
- Dominic Cervi
- Zac Taylor ( American football player )
- Robert Lisle Lindsey ( Religion Scholar )
- Claude Reeds
- Scott Blanton ( American football player )
- Betty Jameson ( Golfer )
- Bob Barry, Jr. ( Sports commentator )
- Jack Whitt
- David Plummer
- Penny Hill
- Ryan Broyles ( American football player )
- Jeff Freeman ( Professional golfer )
- Mossis Madu ( American football player )
- Hoda Kotb ( Presenter and Talk show host )
- Donny Vomit
- Alex Twist ( Rower )
- Michael Minor ( Film Art Director and Illustrator )
- Jerod Impichchaachaaha' Tate ( Composer and Pianist )
- Jerrie Cobb
- David Salle ( Artist )
- Yolanda Kondonassis
- Peter Hermes ( Cinematographer, Film Editor, Film Producer and Film Director )
- Kyle Nelson ( American football player )
- Marcy Hinzmann
- Chuck Long ( American football player, American Football coach and Coach )
- Richard Freeman ( Television Editor )
- Rocky Whitehead ( Film Producer )
- Krystal Keith Covel ( Singer-songwriter )
- Kellen McCoy
- Mike Nappa
- Tyler Tettleton ( Athlete )
- Graysen Schantz
- Trey Watts
- James K. Min
Downtown Norman is an area of approximately 2 square miles (5 km2) surrounded by University Blvd., Symmes St., Porter Ave., and Daws St.; primary streets include Main St.
Norman is in the Central Time Zone.