Product name: Astaxanthin
Botanical Source: Haematococcus Pluviali
Specification: 1.5%, 2%, 3%, 5% powder; 5%, 10% Oil
CAS NO.: 472-61-7
Molecular Formula: C40H52O4
Molecular Weight: 596.84
Appearance: Dark Red Powder
Particle Size: 100% pass 80 mesh
Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract,Astaxanthin
Description of Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract,Astaxanthin
Astaxanthin is found in microalgae, yeast, salmon, trout, krill, shrimp, crayfish, crustaceans, and the feathers of some birds. It provides the red color of salmon meat and the red color of cooked shellfish. Professor Basil Weedon's group was the first to prove the structure of astaxanthin by synthesis, in 1975. Astaxanthin, unlike several carotenes and one other known carotenoid, is not converted to vitamin A (retinol) in the human body. Like other carotenoids, astaxanthin has self-limited absorption orally and such low toxicity by mouth that no toxic syndrome is known. It is an antioxidant with a slightly lower antioxidant activity in some model systems than other carotenoids. However, in living organisms the free-radical terminating effectiveness of each carotenoid is heavily modified by its lipid solubility, and thus varies with the type of system being protected.
Sunfull Astaxanthin is cultivated in perpendicular solar-powered photobioreactors controlled by a closed circulation system, which allows Haematococcus pluvialis to proliferate efficiently for the production of highly concentrated Astaxanthin up to 3.5%. Air pollution, biological and chemical contaminations are prevented and stable cultivation can be maintained. So the quality of our Astaxanthin is better than the open-air pool growth of micro algae Haematococcus pluvialis.
Function of Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract,Astaxanthin
1. With the function of natural food pigment,Astaxanthin has rich nutritional value and good coloring effect.
2. Astaxanthin has excellent oxidation resisting activity, in terms of free radical scavenging activity is 1000 times higher than the natural VE.
3. Astaxanthin can prevent arteriosclerosis and relative diseases.
4. Astaxanthin can be used as anticancer activity to strengthen the functions of immune system.
5. Enhance the health of central nervous system.
6. Intensify energy metabolism of organism.
Application of Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract,Astaxanthin
1. Applied in food field, it is mainly used as food additives for pigment and health care.
2. Applied in animal feeds field, it is used as an new animal feed additive to impart coloration, including farm-raised salmon and egg yolks.
3. Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is mainly used to prevent cancer and anti-oxidant.
4. Applied in cosmetic field, it is mainly used to Antioxidant and UV protection.