The Creative writer would be responsible for using the written word to express ideas or tell a story. Create content using various multimedia formats that can be read, listened to, or viewed onscreen.
1. Develop original content for fiction, nonfiction, and short stories.
2. Use the written word to express story lines and ideas.
3. Write books or content for magazines, trade journals, newsletters, and blogs.
4. Produce content for radio and television broadcasts, motion pictures, and other types of performance.
5. Develop scripted material for the Web and other communication devices.
6. Conduct extensive research on various topics.
7. Write outlines and rough drafts.
8. Appropriately source and cite resources.
9. Edit content for correct spelling and grammar.
10. Work with editors to revise and rewrite sections.
11. Perform extensive fact-checking.
12.Arrange material in chapters or parts.
13.Use desktop or electronic publishing software.
14. Maintain blogs to keep in touch with fans and readers.
15. Send out inquiries and submissions are sent to a variety of paying outlets.
16. Work with literary agents to get book published.
17. Work flexible hours
18. Candidate selects prefered choice of location to perform task
Qualifications and training required
No formal academic qualifications are needed. Previous experience from published articles, freelance work or writing competitions can be useful, although not essential. A wide variety of institutions including universities, colleges and adult education centres offer short creative writing courses that can be helpful. Proficiency in English Language is a Must!.
Please click on the link below: