Unified Communications Offers Value to Small and Medium-Size Businesses - Professional Services Companies
Professional Services Survey Responses
Professional services (PS) firms cover many areas of business and typically support a high
concentration of professionals and knowledge workers. Many PS firms require their workers to
travel extensively to support customer projects. Interaction with business partners and SMEs is a
core part of their business but also requires a great deal of manual effort to coordinate meetings
among workers. Due to the distributed work environment for PS firms, connecting with co-workers
is often subject to delays and puts projects at risk for meeting critical deadlines. Critical issues faced
by PS include:
• Difficulty in coordinating work teams. Gathering the necessary project team requires
managers to coordinate schedules across many time zones and meet tight schedules.
• Getting approvals in a timely manner. Many projects require approvals from clients or
key decision-makers, and due to travel or other issues this may be difficult and will slow
down the project’s progress.
• Lack of available resources due to geographical or other issues. Assembling the right
team to support a client requires a coordinated effort to reach the right person and line up
work schedules to accommodate the project.
• Ability to attract and retain workers. PS firms want to hire the best available employees
and seek to create an attractive work environment to retain their employees.
• Meeting project deadlines. Delayed projects are often subject to penalties and cause
customer dissatisfaction. Meeting commitments on a regular basis builds the PS reputation
as a company that is a good business partner.
• Orchestrating meetings with account teams and SME. For many PS firms, it takes one
day to several days to coordinate meetings among project teams. These delays affect
decision processes and extend the work effort among workers.
Continue Reading ...
Want access to more Cisco articles? Sign up to Cisco small business community newsletter by clicking here.
To download the latest version of Adobe PDF reader Here