Small Business Tips
1. Understand your advantage. In a small company, you are in a better position to know what people’s abilities and interests are than in a large company.
2. Develop a nose for hidden talent. Find out what skills people use when they’re not at work and determine if those skills can be put to use in your company—in a higher position.
3. Create career paths for employees. Your people need opportunities to grow.
4. Consider the work that you outsource. Can that work be brought inside, creating an advancement opportunity for one of your employees?
5. If an employee needs outside training for a higher-level job, pay for it. That will be cheaper than recruiting a new employee.
For more tips go to: