Small Business Tips
1. Examine your own skills carefully. Know your own strengths and weaknesses and hire to complement your skills, not duplicate them.
2. Assure yourself plenty of applicants by casting a broad net. Interview applicants in a structured way by asking all applicants for a job the same questions.
3. Draw applicants to your Web site by placing the Web address in all advertisements.
4. Use an 800 phone or fax number as a toll-free way for applicants to contact you.
5. Offer a signing bonus-anything from $25 to $2,500 could be an incentive to help bring on a fence-sitting applicant. This is a common practice for "super starts."
For more tips go to: