Small Business Tips
1. Start with part-timers. You may not be able to afford a full-time chief financial officer at first, but chances are you can find one who will gladly work part time.
2. Look for volunteers. The SCORE Association is one place to start and may help you establish a volunteer advisory board. Also check with your local business schools.
3. Consider outsourcing your management team. Check the Yellow Pages under Employment Agencies, Employee Leasing, Executive Search Consultants and Management Consultants.
4. Check references and backgrounds, just as you would for a full-time employee. Look for a good fit.
5. Treat part-time and volunteer executives just as you would full-time, paid senior managers. Make them a part of your team.
For more tips go to: