* Create a brand. Spend a little money to create a professional logo, business card and stationery. Present a professional image.
* Ramp up Online. Make creating a Web site a top priority. A Web site is today’s calling card. You really shouldn’t do without one. Give people a place to go to learn about your business.
* Make Your First Sale. This is key. Get that first sale even if it’s friends or family at a discounted rate. This counts as getting started, so go for it.
* Promote Testimonials. Get testimonials from your first sales. Start building credibility for your business from day one.
* Build Buzz. Be creative. Look for a special promotion, big event, email campaign or something out of the norm for your business to get people talking about you, your product or service.