The 'spirit' Of Saint John Lutheran Began In The Early 1950's, As The Idea Of Forming A New Lutheran Church Was Discussed. Many Felt That The Best Location For This New Congregation Would Be In The Northern Area Of Norfolk, To Serve The Growing Naval Base And Beach Community. With This In Mind, Saint John Lutheran Was Founded In 1953 And Quickly Grew To Be One Of The Largest Congregations In This Area Of Norfolk. Today, We May Not Be As Large As The Congregation Of The Late 50's And 60's, But The 'spirit' Of Saint John Lutheran Continues On Within Each One Of Us. This Can Be Seen Through The Participation And Involvement Of Each Of Our Members. Currently Saint John Lutheran Hosts A Variety Of Activities Including Saint John Lutheran School- A Pre - K Through 1st Grade School (see The Link To Our School), Weekday And Sunday Bible Studies, A Choir, Trips And Lunches For Our Seniors, Youth Groups, And A Variety Of Other Activities. We Continue To Support The Ministries Of The Community Through Our Weekly Collection Of Canned Goods For F.O.R. Kids, Participate In Ocean View Ecumenical Ministries, The USO, And Other Organizations. We Are The Monthly Meeting Place For The Northside Civic League. Saint John Lutheran Church Is An ELCA Congregation. Saint John Offers A Quality Christian-based Preschool And Early Elementary Program For Children From Age 2 Through First Grade. Class Sizes Are Small, With No More Than 15 In A Preschool Classroom (with Two Teachers) And No More Than 18 In Kindergarten And First Grade (also With Two Teachers!). We Keep Our Teacher To Student Ratios Low: 1 To 6 In Our Early Learners Classes For 2 To 3 Year-olds, And 1 To 10 For Our Preschool, Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten And First Grade Classes. Need An Extended Day For Your Child? We Are Open As Early As 7:30 A.m. And As Late As 6 P.m. For Our Extended Care Program, With Monthly Or Drop-in Rates To Suit Your Needs.
St John Lutheran Church in Norfolk is a company that specializes in Schools And Educational Services, Nec. Our records show it was established in Virginia.